Apparently, Samira will not be the only character on the docket because we have another character releasing alongside her before Evo France even began. Let's jump right in.
I am back with an update that I did not see that coming. Remember what I said that 2XKO will stop active development at 17 characters? Well, I got some good news for you. Samira will not be the only character to launch on October 27 because an 18th character is coming to 2XKO. And that is Sett, the Boss. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, Sett is officially coming to 2XKO at the 18th and final character. Now, who is Sett, you ask? Let's know about his lore.
Sett is the leader of Ionia's growing criminal underworld who rose to prominence in the wake of the war with Noxus. While he became a humble challenger in the fighting pits of Navori, he became a well-known fighter and gained notoriety for his savage strength to fend off the Noxian army within the "Rebellion Army" in Noxus.
Fourth Ionian:
A fourth Ionian is something I have been wanting and with Sett being the fourth Ionian in 2XKO, the placement has been put together. We now have two vastaya and two Japanese warriors all polished up and ready to go. I think that we're gonna see an all-Ionian match.
Final roster:
Ahri
Akali
Blitzcrank
Braum
Caitlyn
Darius
Ekko
Illaoi
Jinx
Lux
Samira
Senna
Sett
Thresh
Teemo
Vi
Warwick
Yasuo
I'm gonna take the final 18 character roster and divide into the final SEGA and Capcom sides across the board and state the key points for the final time. It has to be the final time since 2XKO is ending active development at 18 characters. As usual, we'll start with the SEGA side.
Ahri, Blitzcrank. Caitlyn, Ekko, Jinx and Samira and Warwick remain, Teemo moves and Sett is introduced. The final SEGA side is Ahri, Blitzcrank, Caitlyn, Ekko, Jinx, Samira, Sett, Teemo and Warwick.
Akali, Braum, Darius, Illaoi, Lux, Vi and Yasuo remain, Senna and Thresh move. That puts Akali, Braum, Darius, Illaoi, Lux, Senna, Thresh, Vi and Yasuo on the Capcom side for the final time.
Final SEGA side:
Ahri
Blitzcrank
Caitlyn
Ekko
Jinx
Samira
Sett
Teemo
Warwick
Final Capcom side:
Akali
Braum
Darius
Illaoi
Lux
Senna
Thresh
Vi
Yasuo
Final key points:
Ahri on the SEGA side = NiGHTS
Blitzcrank on the SEGA side = Vectorman
Caitlyn on the SEGA side = Gain Ground
Ekko on the SEGA side = Pulseman
Jinx on the SEGA side = Jet Set Radio
Samira on the SEGA side = Valkyria Chronicles
Sett on the SEGA side = Virtua Fighter
Warwick on the SEGA side = Altered Beast
Akali on the Capcom side = Power Stone
Darius on the Capcom side = Knights of the Round
Lux on the Capcom side = Star Gladiator
Senna on the Capcom side = Darkstalkers
Thresh on the Capcom side = Ghosts 'n Goblins
Yasuo on the Capcom side = Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Here are the final standings for the SEGA and Capcom sides with final key points on the board. Since 2XKO's active development ends in December, everything have been finalized and cemented. This means no more changes to ever be made.
While it sucks that we won't see Sona as an Ulala-like in 2XKO, we are getting Sett as a pseudo-Virtua Fighter character with Lux as a pseudo-Star Gladiator character. It literally justifies being on the SEGA side, even though the fan game has been shut down due to using Capcom's characters and their likeness to frustrate and shock fans, including yours truly. It is kinda funny as pirates pillaging towns for treasure, witches appearing in the night and dumping ice on monkeys and that's great for the learning mind.
Where we stand now, this is the final update as we're less than two months away from 2XKO's development conclusion. See, 2XKO may not be able stand a chance that other fighting games that came out within the PS5 and Xbox Series X generation did, but I still have a small spark of hope and it's somehow growing because I just thought of something that can work.
I have made a post on X suggesting that Arc System Works could be the perfect candidate as a licensee for Riot Games. Now, listen, I only want them to do it if they want to do it. I don't want to be like Miss Fortune and point fingers at their head like pistols or be like Gangplank and pillage their studio for treasure. But Arc System Works may be a perfect candidate to be associated with Riot Games as a licensee of the 2XKO IP.
This is something that I want to go into detail in a future post where I go over the key benefits to what will happen if 2XKO continued active development under Arc System Works as a licensee in association with Riot Games. Stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment