Sunday, February 24, 2019

Joe's Rant: Sony's Selfishness

Okay, I have a rant about Sony's selfishness. Want to know why? I'll tell you right now. Sony is just selfish because they don't want cross-platform on PS4 because they think it's a sore issue in the past. I don't care if it's a sore issue. They need to support cross-platform on PS4. This is just bullcrap that they are less cooperative in the past when it comes to cross play. Last year, Hi-Rez has announced that they are gonna bring cross-play and cross-progression to SMITE, Paladins and Realm Royale and I was hyped for it, but PC, Xbox and Nintendo Switch currently support it while PS4 doesn't yet. What the heck, Sony? That makes me very upset with them, but fortunately, Stew Chisam, the president of Hi-Rez Studios has submitted cross-platform licenses for their three games to Sony and told them to stop playing favorites and tear down the cross-play and cross-progression wall for everyone, including me and has added that SMITE, Paladins and Realm Royale are ready to go for cross-platform on PS4. Now we just wait for Sony to make things dangerous. By make things dangerous, I mean wait for Sony to green light all three games simultaneously or one game at a time, I don't care as long as they do it because cross-play helps improve things like getting higher quality matches quicker and a significant decrease of ELO and bad matches.

I'm sorry, but from a gaming standpoint, if Sony doesn't support cross-play, they are selfish. I would be freaking ticked! That's the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Sony, if you're reading this, everyone is very upset with you because your system doesn't support cross-platform just because you said that it's a sore issue in the past. I don't care if it is, but you need to enable cross-platform on your system no matter if it's a sore issue of not. I've even sent my long email about how mad I was about you not supporting cross-play on your system. Microsoft and Nintendo have supported cross-platform, but you on the other hand, doesn't. Cross-play improves things. There's no excuse to not allow this amazing feature. You get greatly improved matchmaking, you get greatly improved quality, you get a significant rate increase. There's no purpose to this. It's the number one reason why you should play nice with others.

You don't deserve to freaking earn an award because you're just freaking less cooperative when it comes to cross-play. What happened to you, Sony? Once, you were a selfless and cooperative manufacturer, but now, you care about money and exclusives more than us players. Then all of a sudden, BAM, you have enabled cross-play on Fortnite and Rocket League on PS4 for your PlayStation Cross-Play Program in Beta that you're gonna add more games to in the future, so I'll give you credit for that, even though they are not my cup of tea. But still, you should've enabled it in the first place because back in that year's E3, Microsoft and Nintendo have announced that they're gonna do cross-play with each other and that's something you should've done, Sony.

That's the number one reason why your system isn't included in Hi-Rez's cross-play and cross-progression FAQ yet, so a while back, the president has submitted SMITE, Paladins and Realm Royale cross-platform licenses to you to green light. All three games or one at a time, I don't care as long as you do it. There's no excuse.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment