Thursday, October 21, 2021

Random Wheels Update 3

Originally, I wasn't supposed to add any more new characters until I finished the PvP phase on my initial random wheels, but I'm not completely ready to do PvP matches yet and it's way too much pressure to leave things any longer, so a change of plans. I decided to change my gaming agenda, by adding more characters to my random wheels even before doing PvP matches. Here are the new characters I added to my random wheels.


Gilgamesh, Morgan Le Fay, Charybdis and the newest Goddess, Cliodhna, have been added to the SMITE God Wheel.


Vatu, Rei and Saati have been added to the Paladins Champion Wheel.


Runway and Cannon have been added to the Rogue Company Rogue Wheel.

You're wondering why the entries are no longer using the color pattern? I'll tell you right now. The website has an update that threw in the Advanced editor that allows changing a color on one entry and adds a close button to delete an entry to make deleting entries much easier. It has an "Add entry" button located below the entries and clicking on it adds a blank gray entry.

Don't know what the Advanced editor looks like? Take a look at the image below.


This is what the Advanced editor looks like. It has a color setting on each entry, has an X button to delete entries easier and has an "Add entry" button below the entries and clicking on it will add a blank gray entry. The checkmarks represent entries that are enabled and unchecking it disables entries, but I think they should be greyed out when they are disabled to make things easy to tell. Regardless, this is so much better than the Simple editor that uses a pattern that holds up to six colors.

I have a few suggestions to make the Advanced editor better and I will cross out the suggestions that are fulfilled.

-Image display on each entry.
-Ability to move entries by dragging them up or down.
-An "Add Image" button on each entry.
-Ability to change fonts on an entry.
-Ability to change after spin sounds on an entry.
-Entries must be greyed out when disabled to make it easy to tell if they are disabled.

From now on, if I see a new character that is fun and strategic to play, I will add them to my wheels even before doing PvP matches because I learned that the more characters in my wheel, the better. Again, the Advanced editor is something I can completely agree with. And then, there was something I also learned.

Let's talk about the wheels restricted to the High-End owned characters and the female characters. They help me decide who to pick as well, but with the new Advanced feature, I have to change colors again and it's a mess to have multiple general wheels per game. Effective immediately, I am no longer using the wheels that restrict to the characters whose High-Ends that I owned and female characters and deleting them.

But I can still use the wheels that have my characters of the same class for my Character Pools, a system that bans one of my characters per class on my wheel, similar to Overwatch's Hero Pools, which fans disliked. It's gonna be for SMITE and Paladins, so I ban five landed Gods and four landed Champions from my wheel, one on each class.

And I have one more wheel that doesn't involve a Hi-Rez game.

I made a random wheel that displays the Skullgirls character sigils to show my hard and endless support for Skullgirls and to celebrate the launch party even more. The entry colors are based on listening to BBTAG music and represent characters assigned to the universes' themes. Blue entries represent characters assigned to BlazBlue music, yellow entries represent characters assigned to Persona 4 Arena music and purple entries represent characters assigned to Under Night In-Birth music.

The Umbrella sigil is not yet on this wheel because it is not available on the Skullgirls website yet due to her Alpha phase release, so I added a blank blue entry for the Umbrella sigil to indicate that Umbrella is assigned to a BlazBlue theme, Active Angel, to fit well with a princess with a cheery and upbeat personality. Future characters' sigils will be added to the wheel as they are available in the website and I will leave it blank for them. Let's say if a character assigned to a P4A theme announced as the third character, I add a blank yellow entry and wait for their sigil to be available on the website.

I told you before that I will no longer play a RWBY theme upon a character's entrance and when there's a canon solo match. That's why there isn't a red entry. This wheel has a hint regarding what non-RWBY theme I will assign Valentine to accordingly. Her sigil is in the blue entry, so the hint is that she is now assigned to a BlazBlue theme. Still can't announce it until the next Season Pass 1 character after Umbrella is revealed.

That about wraps this update up. The next one will be posted soon. Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment