Sunday, February 19, 2023

EVO 2023 Lineup Wish List

Well, fighting game fans, the lineup announcement show for EVO 2023 with IFC Yipes and Ryan Hart is not that far and I have a wish list of games I want, including the ones that I know that they are gonna be in the lineup with comments about them.

But before I get to the wish list, I want to relay about last year's EVO. It became a blast since the pandemic started. We were locked up in our house and doing social distancing for two years. After two years, EVO is back in Las Vegas with Skullgirls' mainstage debut as a cherry on top. The crowd was wild and the tournament action from last year was more hype than ever. Now that's a unique thing that gets the Johnny Test and Sonic Colors Ultimate seal of approval.

What make it so is the following things, the return to Las Vegas after two years since the pandemic started, the EVO 2022 reaction skit and Skullgirls' debut as a main game. So glad that EVO is back and better than ever. The community grew over the years and we've been supporting it for years. I wish I was there, but not only the tickets are expensive. I am not ready to participate in an offline tournament and I'll probably just have to fake it.

Alright, enough with the past. On to the wish list for EVO 2023.

Street Fighter 6 - I know this game isn't out yet and could flop like Keef always says, like with BBTAG, Samurai Shodown, Granblue Fantasy Versus and Guilty Gear Strive, but I'm telling you, it comes out before EVO because it starts early August at Mandalay Bay, so I figured that I want to put this in my prediction. It looks enjoyable with the VS. intro resembling the WWE-style entrance, paint effects, real-world elements like sweating and damage effects on their clothes and lv. 3 supers being much more cinematic and these are something that I will experience time and time again. Its predecessor is in the lineup for EVO Japan probably for the last time.

Guilty Gear Strive - It had the most signups last year to be played last in the Sunday finals. I know that it's gonna be in this year. I couldn't watch the Top 8 action because it ran way past my bedtime. This game is in the lineup for EVO Japan and we are gonna get reveals for this game. Plus, crossplay is coming too.

Tekken 7 - Of course, you know that this game came out almost six years ago. We all know that this game is gonna be in the lineup since it is on every EVO, including the online one. In last year's EVO, we get a teaser for the newest game, Tekken 8. It looks amazing. The Heat system is out of this world and that's the replacement for Rage Drives. After all, Heat Smashes can be used as Rage Drives if you watched the keynote. And there are in game intro dialogues between two certain characters too. With it being in the EVO Japan lineup, we may get reveals.

The King of Fighters XV - Last year, this game made its mainstage debut and they have announced that crossplay is coming to this game like with Guilty Gear Strive. I was hyped for it too. This game deserves to be in this year's lineup because I know it will be and I really got to find a team to lab with. Since this game is in EVO Japan, the reveals are coming.

DNF Duel - One of the newest games by ArcSys that couldn't make it in last year's lineup. But it made it to the Vortex Gallery lineup. I put that on there because it needs to be in this year's lineup. And we're getting a Season 1 Pass of this game that contains Spectre and four TBA characters too.

Soul Calibur VI - I know we've seen this game in action back in 2019, but I want this to be in this year's lineup so that it can be relevant again for a possibility of a Season 3 Pass and announcement of a next game of the franchise. But that probably won't happen until Tekken 8 comes out.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle - This game was announced back in 2018 and 2019. I really want this game to be in this year's lineup really bad so that we can get the 3.0 Character Pack and hopefully crossplay. I have a wish list of characters I want.

Them's Fightin' Herds - Back in early 2022, Modus Games came to be to form an acquisition of MANE6. That benefitted the only thing we requested. Console ports. They are expensive and time consuming projects and they had no plans. But with the help of their new partners at Modus, they are made possible to benefit setting up the console version on offline tournaments going forward, so I wanted this to be in this year's lineup. But that's not the only reason. The other one regards the announcement of a Season 1 Pass benefitted by Modus' acquisition to give them more than one combat dev so that the new Story Mode chapters and new characters can be developed simultaneously.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore - This game finally got its mainstage debut last year after years since the game came out, apart from the fact that it gets a spotlight in EVO Online because of rollback netcode and the reveal of Marie is the cherry on top. Its mainstage debut was the reason why EVO 2022 deserved the Team Sonic Racing seal of approval knowing that I bought the Switch version at a discounted price so I can play it on the go. Since Them's Fightin' Herds is in my wish list, I decided to put this on here so that both games that use OtterUI can be in the lineup together as brothers, knowing both of them have Season 1 Passes with four charcters.

These are the games I want in the lineup. And forgive me if I didn't put in any of the Smash games. Neither of them didn't make it last year because Nintendo decided not to continue the tradition and they don't want to work with Sony. The lineup reveal is two days away and we're gonna find out if Nintendo allows any of their Smash games to be in the lineup.

Once the lineup is revealed, a Keef video I will look forward to as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment