Monday, December 11, 2023

Joe's Monologues - 12/11/23

Hello, everyone, KnockDownJoe here. It's time for another episode of Joe's Monologues. Yesterday's was interesting because I went over the story in SMITE Pro League Season X so far as the Styx Ferrymen, Atlantis Leviathans, Oni Warriors and Jade Dragons make their way to Worlds, which is around the corner. Now, today's gonna be interesting as well, so let's get started.

Crash Team Rumble:

I was playing and streaming some some Crash Team Rumble yesterday and so far, still little to no lag or network skips. This is all thanks to my new router. Shoutouts to my new router for letting me play and stream Crash Team Rumble smoothly and well, as well as other online only games. None to my crappy old router, so to heck with that.

But that's not all because Season 3 dropped and Spyro, the titular purple dragon has joined the rumble with his fire breath. But he is not alone because Elora the Faun from Spyro 2 is also joining the rumble. Ripto is the first Spyro character to make his way onto Crash Team Rumble back in Season 2. And in Season 3, Spyro and Elora, the "Sonic and Sally" of Spyro the Dragon make their debut to the game along with two new maps, Artisans Arena and Summer Forest to release later in the season.

Spyro is available during his Early Access release, so to unlock him, you must collect three dragon eggs first seen in Spyro: Year of the Dragon scatted across maps in Party Mode or Competitive Mode during the period. I am amazed at Toys for Bob adding three Spyro characters to the mix. But three is not nearly enough, so I want more Spyro characters to be added. I was able to unlock him, by collecting the first three dragon eggs on Party Mode. I get to keep him permanently too for that, along with more characters I've unlocked. It's a miracle for Spyro to make his way into the rumble, hoping this paves the way for the future of Spyro.

Now, I am waiting for Elora to drop so that I can unlock her and keep her forever. And she will soon kick butt and heal her allies in Crash Team Rumble in the beginning of January, which is when Elora drops during her Early Access. But to get Ripto, I must earn 50 KO and Relic Assist badges and they are easier said than done since they are Epic and Legendary badges.

So far, I have seven characters in my collection after unlocking four more, but still have one Booster type, so I need to unlock more of them. To unlock more Boosters, I need to earn Booster badges. And to earn Booster badges, I must capture Gems on Competitive Mode if it means unlocking more Boosters. I am five Booster badges away from unlocking Dr. Neo Cortex. I got four powers on my inventory and I will unlock more of them. I am uploading my first Crash Team Rumble VOD that will show how I earned enough badges to unlock characters and powers on my separate gaming channel on YouTube and you're gonna love it.

And by the way, since I am getting a gaming laptop with 144hz and better specs soon, I plan to buy Crash Team Rumble on Steam if it's ever confirmed and there is cross-progression across all platforms. Not only that because since Spyro and Elora are joining the party, it's time we get to see Hunter and Bianca make their debut next so that we can have a double date between Spyro and Elora, and Hunter and Bianca on our team. No third wheel will be involved.

This reminds me. You know how Spyro and Elora are the "Sonic and Sally" of Spyro the Dragon? Well, one of the Archie comics indicates that Bunnie Rabbot and Cat have a same type of friendship Sonic and Sally have, so I am considering Hunter and Bianca, the "Cat and Bunnie" of Spyro the Dragon. And I guess SEGA wouldn't allow that.

Vyond Removed Oddcast TTS Voices:

Okay, so I went to watch some videos on YouTube and there is a situation I came across that made people very angry. It's about the part when Vyond removed Oddcast voices. It is the worst thing Vyond has done to make people ticked to the max. That happened on mid-October when they had to do this. They did more than just remove the Oddcast TTS voices. They replaced them with AI voices, which requires a most expensive plan that they need to pay. That really made the community mad. I didn't know that they would remove Oddcast TTS voices and replace them with AI voices that they need to pay.

Fortunately, there is a YouTube video that explains how do you get the Oddcast TTS voices back on Vyond, by using LazyPy.ro, which has an ultimate selection of TTS voices across the TTS family. But I am using Wrapper: Offline and the Oddcast voices are on there. I need them for my YOLO Funtimes series for Sarah and Rachel to be voiced by Julie and Allison in commemoration of the show's impending new season, Rainbow Trinity. And since my first YOLO Funtimes video has less assets, I can upload it on this computer I am using.

Skullgirls Update Regarding Marie:

Yesterday, I received a tweet saying that 6.1 is gonna come out today. And now, here we are. The 6.1 update is coming out today and it makes Marie completely available. This means Marie will be available in all Standard Relics and Move Relics, will have her Prize Fight and balance tweaks. This is the real deal as 6.1 brings Marie to complete availability. Servers are going down for maintenance at noon during Standard Time. Once that happens, I'm gonna do a fun session when I play the BBTAG characters' theme and looking at their BBTAG palettes. The first phase is using the random order. Then I use the wheel to help me decide which theme to play and which BBTAG palette to display.

But that is not all. I received word from Liam at the Skullheart forums that all of Marie's animations are fully complete and she is nearing her Early Access phase, already. Time sure flies. As a matter of fact, releasing characters on Mobile first benefitted that. And in other news, the Early Access patch is gonna have the next set of Marie's new palettes. If I don't see her Orie palette, it will stay on my Palette Pack.

Now, since we're approaching the holidays when devs take a break until the New Year, I have a feeling that the Early Access patch is gonna drop later this week and they are preparing for ultimate submission, as in submitting to all three console companies to ultimately release Marie and the general balance changes on all four platforms in the New Year. Then it's off to the independent update where it gives the new characters' Story Modes their full VO and hoping for a Season 2 Pass that might potentially contain Feng, Minette, Venus and Christmas. We don't know for sure if they are the confirmed characters just because they are added to the palette editor, but they are eligible for their BBTAG palettes. I am still expecting a 20th character eligible for their BBTAG palette.

Days of PlayStation Past:

After streaming Crash Team Rumble, my stream quality is good I am officially doing Days of PlayStation Past. It is where I can stream classic PlayStation games released back in the day on the PS1, PS2 and PSP. I have bought couple of PS1 games so far, but not the PS2 games in my library yet. I am getting there.

There, this wraps up today's Joe's Monologues. And with the holidays fast approaching, stay warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment