Saturday, December 2, 2023

My Wrapper: Offline Career

Before I get to the point where I monologue about my Wrapper: Offline career, I want to mention the previous points.

Now, back in 2015, I was on YouTube perusing videos to watch. I saw a couple of videos where one character watches South Park and got grounded. The animation looked like Family Guy. At the end, the outro showed that it was made by an animation drag and drop platform called GoAnimate, so I went on to the website to check it out. I heard it's gonna help me do something productive, so I purchased the cheapest plan.

I was happy at the way I was making videos. The quality was amazing and videos were all over the place, including my own copyright screen and dream logos, until my GoPlus plan has been expired and it is no longer available due to whatever reasons. After my subscription expired, I went to Google to search for alternatives; the ones that are similar to GoAnimate and free. Little did I know that the alternatives I searched for are nowhere similar to GoAnimate at all. None of them are not meeting up to my expectations. But now, I found the perfect alternative that is like GoAnimate and is free. But I'll consider this one.

In October 19, 2015, GoAnimate has shifted from Flash to HTML5, which allows mobile device compatibility, but sadly, non-business themes like Comedy World, which is based on Family Guy were sunset because they weren't compatible with HTML5. The school-safe version called GoAnimate4Schools retained Flash and the non-business themes until back in July 26, 2016 when the non-business themes on the school platform were retired, and two years later, GoAnimate has been renamed to Vyond.

The funny thing about this is that we were blaming Alvin Hung, the former CEO of Vyond because he removed the Oddcast voices and Comedy World and other non-business themes. But I realized that it wasn't Alvin that did this. It was the admins. And not only that. I also realized that removing the non-business themes benefitted missing my career that I had to go to TTS websites to do some experimenting as a memento.

There was a point of time when after I couldn't find an alternative that is similar to GoAnimate and free on that time my plan has expired, I went on scrambling for TTS websites (IVONA, Vocalware and Voiceforge) as a memento and experimenting crying voices. They are fun to hear.

After hearing the Oddcast TTS voices and the non-business themes are on the school-safe platform, I was able to sign up there. I was amazed at making videos on it despite the fact that it had no weapons because you know, bringing a weapon to school could get you in trouble. I even started my Eric the GoAnimate Agent series there. I was inspired by Dorkly's Mark the Video Game Agent series to do that. I was also making some Trails of Cold Steel videos on there under both Anime and Comedy World. These types of videos are up to my expectations. But after GoAnimate4Schools migrated from Flash to HTML5 back in July 26, 2016, the series has been discontinued. Not to mention that the VoiceForge and Cepstral voices have been removed and that really ticked us off.

Before that happened, YouTube has a lot of tutorials on how do I still use the non-business themes despite them being sunset. Several videos show that I use Requestly to bring them back. It turned out well and I was able to continue my GoAnimate career because of it. But after the shift to the Vyond-era, Requestly no longer works. I know that there are some people who are making videos on the business themes, but for some others, including myself, that is a wrap for us after how expensive the price is to get a plan on Vyond and a handful of changes the video making website has undergone in the past years, including the shift to HTML5 to sunset the non-business themes.

What things I like about the video making site is that it has gung-ho scenes like victims getting sent to the audience, Suspense playing on videos where troublemakers kill their teacher and get slapped for it. These are the ones that I'm gonna miss experiencing forever since my subscription has been expired. So I made my own copyright and safety message screen as a quiet moment from gung-ho things I mentioned, but it's scrapped for a new one.

But there is one good news. Wrapper: Offline was announced and it is an emulation of the GoAnimate server that has all of the non-business themes that aren't compatible with HTML5 and everything GoAnimate has. And it can't be shut down by Vyond because it is used locally and an internet connection is not required, hence Wrapper: Offline. Practically speaking, a paid subscription is required to make and save videos and with Wrapper: Offline, I can be able to make and save videos 24/7, including the ones that will be reuploads. YouTube has a lot of videos on how do I get it. From what I see, it has all of the TTS voices GoAnimate has and the new ones. I also noticed that the IVONA TTS voices came in two versions, the PO and RL versions, so I set them to hear the difference between them. The main difference is that the RL versions of the English American voices can read same vowels in a single word while the PO versions of them don't. I know RL stands for ReadLoud, but I don't know what PO stands for.

But due to circumstances, since I can't download videos or export videos I made to YouTube on Wrapper: Offline, I am using Bandicam to record videos and I am posting certain videos that have less assets on this laptop I am using while the ones that have more assets will be on my high-end laptop. This is because if I record videos that have more assets on this laptop, there will be any lag on them and my high-end laptop will remedy all of that. So I did and the first video is a reupload of a reintroduction of a GoAnimate Agent named Eric. I am starting my Eric the GoAnimate Agent series fresh and this time, he will have his own office instead of a principal's office. Until I get a new laptop with better specs, including an insane amount of hertz to make my Steam games run smoothly, I can't go full blast on my career.

But there's something called FlashThemes, which is a throwback to the original GoAnimate that doesn't have any business themes and it's free. I signed up for FlashThemes, but for some reason, my login credentials didn't exist, so I'm gonna stick with Wrapper: Offline

And while Wrapper: Offline gives me the opportunity to make videos 24/7, I can temporarily suspend my career and still experiment with TTS voices on the websites, which had been restructured as the IVONA voices have two versions, the Amazon Polly, which is what PO means and the ReadLoud versions, Vocalware no longer has a few American English voices and VoiceForge has moved to a new website that doesn't have the demo.

My career is buttoned up and ready to be put into action and I made a handful of characters from works I like and dislike and never do, so here is a link to my YouTube channel only for Wrapper: Offline videos, KDJ the GoAnimator. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmlG3waG8HAacC1tAEdZcSw

I have three subscribers so far, so I need a lot more subscribers so that I can reach 100,000 subscribers to get a silver play button.

No comments:

Post a Comment