Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Joe's Monologues - 12/19/23

Hello, everyone. This is the final Joe's Monologues of this year as we are nearing the end of 2023 and approaching 2024. We hope you ring in the New Year fast approaching really well. I am gonna close out 2023 with this year's final episode of Joe's Monologues, so let's get started.

Update on My Wrapper: Offline Career:

My progress on my Wrapper: Offline Career is coming along nicely, but as I said before, I will not go full blast until I get a gaming laptop with better specs. I am still on the verge of coming up with new video ideas that involve less assets and also making some more characters that I am featuring on my videos. I am using LazyPy.ro for longer speeches and TTS voices that are not on Wrapper: Offline.

The things that make Wrapper: Offline so superior is that it is used locally so that Vyond wouldn't shut it down and an internet connection wouldn't be required, it's free to use so that we can make videos 24/7 and has every non-business theme.

Super Smash Flash 2 Beta:

For over two years since 1.3.1, which gives every character their own stage and Final Smash, came out, the devs of the game have been working their butts on the upcoming update, 1.3.2 and they post screenshots every Saturday. It has a lot of content, like the original background for certain stages, new music and new costumes. What really hyped me up is Bowser's Castle getting a complete makeover. It was first introduced back in 0.9a. And in version 1.3.2, Bowser's Castle is getting a brand new look, with the throne in the background. It looks savage. Just look at the lighting. Now that's a menacing style that gets the Nintendo Seal of Approval.

I am waiting patiently for that without asking when the update will come out. I don't have to wait any longer because they are leaning towards a Q1 2024 release among others that are releasing on that date. The wait is finally coming to an end. What I want for 1.3.2 is rollback netcode, the option to choose a song to play during the match like in Smash Ultimate and fixes for public lobbies.

Crash Team Rumble:

Artisans Arena dropped days ago and an event of Icy Artisans Arena came in to celebrate that. It is Spyro's home world, similar to Green Hill Zone from the Sonic franchise. What makes it unique to that map is gems are scattered across Artisans Arena instead of Wumpa Fruit to reflect the Spyro universe's charm. Summer Forest will also have gems. I was gonna play more competitive matches, but I decided to wait until Elora and the rest of the Season 3 content release for the real deal. My first Crash Team Rumble VOD is up on my separate gaming channel on YouTube, so go check it out. You're gonna love it. And forgive me if the quality is poor in some scenes. I have a new router that is stronger than the old one. It's really barbaric, though.

I was collecting certain number of badges to unlock Heroes. I am five Booster badges away from unlocking Dr. Neo Cortex. Once I have him, I will have eight. And when Elora hits Early Access, I will unlock her. I am still on the process and source of earning enough Assist badges to unlock Ripto. In the meantime, I'll play some Party Mode rounds in grinding my Battle Pass.

Not only I have fun. I realized something interesting. The placement of the hero select screen in Crash Team Rumble reminded me of Overwatch. It's because it has three classes. But the Scorers are on the left side while the Blockers are on the middle. I feel like the Scorers should be in the middle because they are often damage dealers while the Blockers should be on the left side because they are often tanks. But the Boosters being on the right side is a good position because they are often supports.

E3 is Dead:

It's official. E3 is now cancelled forever. It is the end of the road for what was once the biggest gaming showcase. The long running event for over two decades is officially dead. E3 has been a downfall several years ago after Sony, EA and Nintendo withdrawn themselves and intended to host their own independent shows. E3 2023 got cancelled after Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Ubisoft withdrawn themselves from the event. I am sorry that E3 faced tough challenges because of the COVID-19 pandemic fueled back in the beginning of 2020.

I seriously don't understand why they are blaming Geoff for E3's death. It's bullcrap. There's no way in heck that he killed E3. He invented Summer Game Fest to fill in the gap E3's cancellation has left in 2020. No offense, but I don't blame him. Summer Game Fest is known for game announcements. Sure, it doesn't have press conferences, but they are just immature for them to blame E3's death on that man. The show is returning in June 2024 and since E3 is dead, Summer Game Fest should be E3-esque, with press conferences, demos, trailers and more.

E3 was the biggest gaming showcase known for demos, trailers and press conferences. The worst E3 that happened was E3 2008. It's because on that year, Nintendo didn't mention a ton of things in their press conference but Wii Sports and had to do a sales pitch. It really ticked them off. They did host their digital only showcase back in 2021, but they ended up losing more money than they earned because it wasn't beneficial. And now, after 28 years, E3 is officially dead after challenges that happened earlier in the decade. It's a darn shame hearing that.

R.I.P. E3 - 1995-2023

Wanting a 4v4 Online Game of the Mario Franchise:

I am a big fan of Mario. His latest game, Super Mario Bros. Wonder came out recently and it won Best Family Game at the Game Awards. The Mario franchise has sports games, regular games, party games, kart racing games and the ones on the Paper Mario universe. But there is one thing the franchise is missing and that is an online 4v4 game.

I thought it would be cool as heck if the Mario series ever gets a 4v4 online game that is Crash Team Rumble, but with Mario to have characters and maps across the Mario universe, come in seasons, three classes, cosmetics, and character-specific ultimates you see on every MOBA. Imagine Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Geno, Diddy Kong and Pauline as the Scorers, but Damage heroes; Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Midbus and Smithy as the Blockers, but Tank heroes; and Peach, Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Plum, Birdo, Fawful and Mallow as the Boosters, but Support heroes.

If they put in Sonic the Hedgehog characters and maps on there, imagine Sonic as the Scorer that Spyro is, Sally Acorn as the Booster and Dr. Robotnik as the Blocker. Maps from the Sonic universe must use rings instead of coins.

I want this to be announced at E3, but since it is dead after facing tough challenges, like the COVID-19 pandemic, withdrawal of developers and money loss after the digital only event in 2021, seeing it announced at the Summer Game Fest is the only option, even though it's not E3.

Farewell, 2023:

This is the final Joe's Monologues of 2023 as we are approaching the holidays when everyone takes a break as a culmination of the year until January when the New Year starts. Man, what a great year 2023 has been. Working has been progressing well since the COVID-19 pandemic and we didn't even have to worry about the dangers and I am still pleased that I get to play my favorite PlayStation oldies. It has been a wild ride, man. I am looking forward to 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment