Friday, January 3, 2014

rpgfanboy's Top 5 Declared Best RPG Games of 2013 - #1: Tales of Xillia

Well, the #1 game is finally happening! This is the game that was the bestest game yet! Well, my Best RPG Game that is listed as #1 was Tales of Xillia! The reason why I choose Tales of Xillia as the #1 Best Game because after a long wait, it was finally released to the west. When it was released, I found it started out at Low. After a couple alternatives in a couple months after it's released, I finally get to play it since I finally rented it! Bestest RPG game ever! Sadly, I couldn't rent it the moment it was released like I did with Tales of Graces f and The Guided Fate Paradox.

The game was celebrating Tales of's 15th Anniversary and it's one of the heaviest hitters with the loving of the battle system! After Tales of Vesperia was released in 2008, Namco Bandai had a major slump. How? Well, Vesperia was released to the west as a 360 exclusive and I heard the series is dead. The solution was Tales of Graces f revived the series as a PS3 exclusive and we get more Tales of games! It's very clear that I heard they will be staying as a Sony exclusive since it's Japan. In fact, it's really is a hit that Tales of Xillia 2 is coming to the west this year!

The game was awesome! The music and battle system was refined straight from the .hack//G.U. series, anime cutscenes are digitally remastered, their English voices are amazing and has a 3D world! Those things made me have a knack of it! When Xillia 2 hits store shelves traditionally in the US, I'll have a knack of it, too! When I picked it up from the mailbox, my brother just given me a roadblock when playing Grand Theft Auto V. I came so far and no dice! Finally, after I get to play Tales of Xillia, I felt blown away by the graphics, the gameplay and an opportunity to choose a story. In fact, I also felt blown away when I discovered that Calilica and Meruru are directly tied to each other by design, as well as pink hair and tights. It's tied with Vesperia because of the game's excellent overall. There's a Collector's Edition and a Limited Edition. Heck, I don't need a Collector's nor a Limited Edition when I'm going to rent games! I felt the same way when playing Ys: Memories of Celceta. It's where my demons hide.

Now don't get me really wrong because I enjoyed the same way I did with .hack//G.U.. It's not fair since they get it before me, so I tried Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and .hack//G.U. Vol. 3 - Redemption as my Tales of Xillia alternatives.

Thanks to this tradition, this has been rpgfanboy's Top 5 Declared Best RPG Games of 2013. Up next will be rpgfanboy's Top 5 Declared Best RPG Games of 2014. However, it'll take a very long time. Not to worry, we just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment